#navbar-iframe { display: none !important; }

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Spring Update

Hi everyone!  I apologize for not updating in awhile.  All is well in Challenges 1, we've been extremely busy over the last few months.  We attended a Clifford play at the Weinberg Center with our other Challenges friends and the kids seemed to enjoy it, especially lunch at Chic-fil-A after :).  We also went to Field of Dreams again right before break and as always it was a hit! 




 
We've learned all kinds of different things through our units: "Our Senses in the Winter", "Polar Bear, Polar Bear What Do You Hear?", "Valentine's Day", "Transportation", and "Spring is Here!".

After break we will start a unit about flying kites!  The kids loved practicing on our last day before break :).


Our students continue to work hard towards their IEP goals and in our programs.  

We've started to practice for "Young Athletes" which is a Special Olympics program that teaches our students basic athletic skills.  We will be showcasing what they've learned in an event in May :) (more details to follow soon)!

Challenges is looking forward to CMES' 2nd Annual Autism Awareness Week!  This week will be held April 22nd - April 26th.  There will be exciting events and information that will be coming home so please stay tuned!  I will also update our blog with info as the event gets closer.  

We're looking forward to a great 4th term in Challenges 1!  Please check the "Classroom Wishlist" on the right hand side as I've updated that.  I'll be sending home and posting an April newsletter soon.  I hope you all had a wonderful break and I'm excited to see the kids tomorrow!    

No comments:

Post a Comment