#navbar-iframe { display: none !important; }

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Our students had a great time at our Thanksgiving lunch this week!
















I wanted to wish each of you a Happy Thanksgiving with all of your families!  I hope that you can use the Thanksgiving packet I sent home, especially the communication board.

Please consider signing up for a Family Portrait next Saturday 12/1 with Mrs. Lacey, the profits will go to our Challenges field trip fund (the flyer is below)!

I've posted our November newsletter, updated Our Calendar, and I've updated our Classroom Wish List.  Please look through these items on the pages on the right hand side of the blog.  

On our return from break we will be completing a "Feelings" unit.  This unit will focus on teaching our students how to identify and express their feelings.  We will have several fun activities to go along with the unit.  Please practice these skills at home as well.

We've been to the computer lab a few times and we will continue to go in order to start working on some basic computer skills.  Our students are improving with orienting towards the computer, wearing the headphones, and they are starting to familiarize themselves with using the mouse.  I typically have the students do a structured activity on the computer and then they are given time to explore on www.starfall.com or www.zacbrowser.com.  Giving your child supervised time on the computer at home is a great idea, please let me know if you have any questions!
















Thanks for taking the time to check in!  Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy the break!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you for the Thanksgiving Packet you sent home! We made the turkey and gave it to Marcus's Great Aunt for Thanksgiving! Marcus also enjoyed coloring! :)

    ReplyDelete